Increase in veg grown for sale
Increase in veg grown for sale into local caterers, restaurants, box schemes and retail.
The most successful and longstanding urban and peri-urban growing spaces already sell their produce to cover running costs. If you already have a network of growing spaces in your city or local area, support them to increase their yields with training, marketing support and linking producers with local caterers, restaurants and retail. This action is about increasing the amount of vegetables grown for sale, generating more jobs and income locally.
Enterprise support networks
- Food Coops and buying groups
- Better food traders
- Support for farm shops and farmers’ markets - FARMA
- The Landworkers’ Alliance
- Soil Association’s Future Growers programme
- Permaculture Association
- FarmStart farm incubator run by the Kindling Trust in Stockport
- Growing Enterprise Guide
- Urban Farming Toolkit: A guide to growing to sell in the city
Please join VEG CITIES to access all the downloads for this action.
VEG CITIES is working with community groups across the UK to help people grow, cook, sell, serve and save more vegetables.