Use marketing work, social media, healthy eating campaigns or events to promote veg.
Junk food companies spend 27 times more on advertising than the Government does on promoting healthy eating.
Whether displaying a Veg Power poster or advert, handing out recipe cards or running your own social media campaign, councils, organisations and businesses can all have a role in promoting vegetables, even better if they’re local, seasonal and sustainably grown.
- Veg Power – the marketing campaign under the umbrella of Peas Please – is on a mission to get the UK eating more veg
- The national 5-A-Day campaign includes tips and guidance
- For recipes try the 5-A-Day campaign site as well as Meat Free Monday, Part Time Carnivore or Vegetarian Society
- Resources to get kids to eat veg by Eat Your Veg, a project of Behaviour Change
- Resources including lesson plans, lessons support and recipes by Bristol’s Teaching a City to Cook programme
- Eat the Seasons, to know what vegetables are in season in the UK
Please join Veg Cities to access all the downloads for this action.
Veg Cities is working with education across the UK to help people grow, cook, sell, serve and save more vegetables.