Monitor and reduce food waste
Initiatives to monitor and reduce food waste with a focus on vegetables.
How much of what is being served is actually being consumed? Ensuring that restaurants and caterers serve 2 portions of vegetables with every meal is the crucial first step. We also need to ensure that vegetables are being eaten. This action is about monitoring and devising ways to minimize the amount of vegetables being wasted at every step of the food chain.
- Love Food Hate Waste
- Sustainable Restaurant Association: reducing food waste in restaurants and catering with Food Save
- First year Report of Waste Less Save More project of Sainsbury’s
- Social network Plan Zheroes: linking up food businesses and charities
- Charity Fareshare: redistributing surplus food to charities
- Rescuing farm food – fruit and veg in the field that would otherwise never be harvested – the gleaning network
Please join Veg Cities to access all the downloads for this action.
Veg Cities is working with community groups across the UK to help people grow, cook, sell, serve and save more vegetables.