Organise assemblies or sessions to educate about the benefits of eating more veg.
We would like to see more schools and other child care and education settings incorporating veg in the curriculum and in extra-curricular activities and educate about the benefits of eating more sustainably grown and locally produced vegetables, as well as the importance of eating seasonally.
If you represent a workplace or another organisation you can organise sessions to engage your staff or volunteers, for example by focusing on what’s in season or grown locally.
- Veg Power – the marketing campaign under the umbrella of Peas Please – is on a mission to get the UK eating more veg
- The national 5-A-Day campaign includes tips and guidance
- For recipes try the 5-A-Day campaign site as well as Meat Free Monday, Part Time Carnivore or Vegetarian Society
- Resources to get kids to eat veg by Eat Your Veg, a project of Behaviour Change
- Resources including lesson plans, lessons support and recipes by Bristol’s Teaching a City to Cook programme
- Eat the Seasons, to know what vegetables are in season in the UK
Please join Veg Cities to access all the downloads for this action.
Veg Cities is working with workplaces across the UK to help people grow, cook, sell, serve and save more vegetables.