Veg challenges and competitions
Restaurants and catering
Promote competitions and challenges in your organisation, school or workplace.
Set up a competition in your organisation, school or workplace to find the best veg advert or the most innovative recipe with local, sustainably grown vegetables. Or set up a challenge such as try 5-a-day, have 2 vegetables with every meal, try a new vegetable every day for a week.
- Veg Power – the marketing campaign under the umbrella of Peas Please – is on a mission to get the UK eating more veg
- The national 5-A-Day campaign includes tips and guidance
- For recipes try the 5-A-Day campaign site as well as Meat Free Monday, Part Time Carnivore or Vegetarian Society
- Resources to get kids to eat veg by Eat Your Veg, a project of Behaviour Change
- Resources including lesson plans, lessons support and recipes by Bristol’s Teaching a City to Cook programme
- Eat the Seasons, to know what vegetables are in season in the UK
Please join Veg Cities to access all the downloads for this action.
Veg Cities is working with restaurants and catering across the UK to help people grow, cook, sell, serve and save more vegetables.